- 8:00 AM – Metric Century riders start
- 9:00 AM – 15 Mile riders start
- 1:00 PM The Fabulous After Party starts
Friday, July 19, 2013 – Registration & Packet Pick-up
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Registration and Packet Pick-up at the Monte Vista Hotel located at 308 West State Street Black Mountain. Stop by to register and pick up your rider goodie bag.
Stay to enjoy live music, dinner and drinks in this lovingly restored landmark of Black Mountain.
The Monte Vista is a short bike ride from the Cycle To Farm Start/Finish Line which makes it a great option for lodging for the event (reserve early – they sold out of rooms for the 2012 event).
Saturday, July 20, 2013 – Start/Finish at Recreation Park in Black Mountain
(map). (For GPS navigation to the start, use 715 Blue Ridge Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711)
7:00 AM Get Ready!
Get there early so that you can enjoy all the fun activities at the Start!
- Registration and Packet Pick-up
- Yoga stretching offered by Black Mountain Yoga and Cairn Bodyworks at the start – stop by their station to loosen up before you put on your cycling shoes. Mini-stretching sessions will be offered continuously until the start. Non-cycling family members and kids are welcomed to join in too.
- Free locally roasted and brewed coffee compliments of Dynamite Roasting Company
- Mechanical support provided by Liberty Bikes
8:00 AM Ride Start FOR METRIC CENTURY RIDERS ONLY
9:00 AM Ride Start FOR 15 MILE RIDERS ONLY
Fun for Non-Riders – After seeing your cyclist off, take a very short stroll from the start line to the Dr. John Wilson Community Garden and take a tour of the garden with the Garden Manager & Food Educator, Diana McCall.
Recreation Park also offers a fun and challenging Disc Golf course that is open to the public.
1:00 PM Fabulous After Party
- Massage ($1 per minute)
- Pick up your farm purchases
- Fabulous After Party BRING YOUR BIB NUMBER, it is your ticket to dine (see more details below)
A fabulous dinner will be served to all Cycle-to-Farm participants at the end of the ride – the dinner is included in the Registration Fee for all riders, both Metric Century and 15 Mile.
A limited number of Dinners will be available for non-riders.
Consider purchasing these in advance (no later than July 14) to guarantee that your non-riders will have a Dinner reserved for them: $14 Adults / $7 Kids (12 and under).
(There is a charge for beer, and also for food for non-riders who wish to eat with us – all are welcome to attend the Fabulous After Party).