As with all Cycle to Farm® events, the first in the Triangle will provide participants with a tour of local farms by bicycle, stunning scenery of this beautiful area, tasty food samples crafted by the farms, and products for sale at every farm (including at the Finish, RambleRill Farm). And of course the Fabulous After Party. Specifically:
In addition to the great Farm Stops, we’re going to take care of you, so you can challenge your abilities and stay safe.
This is what you can expect:
- Free local coffee and snack at the Start
- Bike mechanic support at the Start
- SAG (Support and Gear) Vehicles on course (to help you out, and give you a ride back if necessary)
- Fire/EMS personnel on the course (motorcycles, vehicles)
- Event Ambassadors, riding with you to offer help and keep you on course
- Well-marked route
- And if all else fails, you’ll be provided a detailed cue sheet of the route as well
- Totally useful “musette bag” suitable for a feed zone on the Tour de France, or shopping at your tailgate market (it holds your stuff, and folds up small for travel, with its own tiny carabiner)
- Various goodies from Sponsors
- Coupons for discounts and freebies from Sponsors
Metric Century – Approximately 60 miles through beautiful country on (mostly) low-traffic roads
- Flat and fast route
- Approximate total elevation gain 2,700 feet
- Almost all rural farm land
Route map and more details about the route will be available soon.
Innovative Farm Stops
What you know of as a conventional “Rest Stop” has been transformed into a Farm Stop:
- Located every 10-15 miles
- Tasty samples crafted by the farmers (no charge – these are included in Registration Fee)
- Great bike food too (fruit, bananas, PB&J, etc)
- Farmers available to answer your questions about their products and their Farm
- Buy anything you like on the spot; it will be delivered to you at the Finish (no delivery charge)
Descriptions of each participating Farm will be available soon.
Fabulous After Party
Cycle to Farm events are renowned for the yummy farm-to-table meal at the Finish. You’ll be joined by the volunteers, as well as some of the Farmers and sponsors, in celebration not only of your ride, but of the community that provides us with local food and a great event.
- Locally-sourced and produced farm-to-table meal (no charge – included in Registration Fee)
- Live musical entertainment
- Tours of the RambleRill Farm
- Beer available for purchase
- Meals for spouses/family/friends are available — $14 adults / $7 kids (12 and under)
- Massage available ($1/minute)
- More swag offered by sponsors
- Representatives from Farmer Foodshare to answer your questions about their work (they receive the net profits from this event)
Keepin’ It Small
- No more than 300 riders
- Safety improved with a smaller number of riders on the roads
- Taste your samples without excessive crowds at the Farm Stops
- Ensures that the smaller farms have enough product inventory for sale
And keeps the Fabulous After Party community-sized, instead of a zoo!
NOTE All non-rider meals must be purchased before April 26, 2014. No meals will be sold at the party.